Ready, Set, GROW!!! The age range in this room is 18-33 months and the teacher/child ratio is 1-7. The children in this room follow a daily activities schedule which includes free play, circle time, art, music, nap, gross motor, fine motor, sign language and much more! It's the Potty Training Years!!! As your toddler grows the group settings, such as circle time and art, have a greater length of time based on the attention span of the group. More of a curriculum is introduced based on the center’s theme’s calendar and developmentally appropriate subjects such as colors, shapes, and manners. Some developmental milestones for this room include:
- Demonstrates independence and individuality by saying "No" or "Me do it"
- Verbal self expression of wants, needs, likes and dislikes
- Body awareness and muscle control for potty training
- Greater attention span during story time and other subjects of interest
- Social and Emotional growth by cooperative play and helping others
- Body awareness, such as kicking a ball, or throwing a bean bag or scribbling
- Begins to combine words to express wants and needs
- Begins to show empathy for others
Room For Growing also uses the Creative Curriculum. This curriculum balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning, with an emphasis on responding to children's learning styles and building on their strengths and interests. It features goals and objectives linked directly to our reliable assessment instrument.